* Hardware Setup
- Canon Printer Setup requires you to first prepare your Printer by completing its Hardware Setup. As such, carefully follow the given instructions.
- First of all, securely place your Printer at a flat and safe location. Besides that, ensure that this location is within your Network’s signal strange.
- After that, you should carefully unbox the Printer and remove all packaging material. At the same time, clear every section of the Printer from the Red/ Orange Tapes.
- Now, hook up your Printer to a stable Power Source like a Wall Outlet by means of its Power Cord. Then, switch it on.
- Next, you should press the Printer’s “ON” button so as to turn it On. As a result, its “Power Lamp” must lit up. However, it must remain stable.
- Thereafter, properly set up its “Paper Tray”. Now, load it correctly with plain A4 size white sheets.
- Subsequently, it will begin the Initialization and Alignment process. Hence, wait for it properly finish.
- After that, access its Control Panel and finish the Setup Guide. For this, appropriately select “Display Language”, “Country/ Region”, “Date”, “Time”, and “Access Security Measures (PIN)”.
- Finally, select “End” to proceed with the Canon Printer Setup.
Canon Printer Setup For The Network
* Wireless Setup: LAN Setup with SSID
- First and foremost, turn on your Network Acces Point (Router) and make sure that it is working properly.
- Besides that, confirm that your Computer is also hooked up to this “Network” for Canon Printer Setup.
- In addition to that, connect your Printer to an uninterrupted Power Source like a Wall Socket using its Power Cable. Then, switch it on. Thereafter, press the Printer’s “Power” button and turn it on. Its Power Lamp must lit up and remain stable.
- Now, go to your Printer’s Control Panel. The Display Screen must showcase its Home window. However, if the Display Screen is blank. Then, check its “Energy Saver” button i.e. a button with a “Sleep Mode” icon. In case if that is lit. Then, press this button to “Wake” up the printer. After that, press the “Home” button.
- Next, you should navigate the Home window and search the “Menu” tab. Then, tap on it.
- On the “Menu” window, tap on “Preferences”.
- Thereafter, tap “Network”.
- Subsequently, it prompts you to “Log In”. Hence, enter your printer’s “System Manager Login ID and PIN/ Password”. Then, tap on “Login”.
- On the following window, tap on “Wireless LAN Settings” for Canon Printer Setup.
- After that, select “Yes” and enable Wireless LAN.
- The next window will provide you with the Wireless LAN Information. Hence, closely review the details and tap “OK”.
- Subsequently, tap on “SSID Settings” to select the “Wireless LAN Setup” using SSID method for Canon Printer Setup. Here, SSID refers to the name of your wireless network.
- Now, tap on “Select Access Point”. This option allows your Canon Printer to automatically locate and connect to the available Network.
- Hence, the Printer will now search for the Networks available within its range.
- Next, it will enlist all the available Networks (Routers) for Canon Printer Setup.
- Hence, correctly choose your “SSID” i.e. the “Network/ Router Name”. Then, tap “Next”.
- Thereafter, tap “OK” when prompted to confirm your choice.
- Subsequently, correctly enter your “Network Password”.
- Then, tap “Apply”.
- After that, read the following message and tap on “Yes”.
- As a result, Canon Printer Setup will establish a connection between your Printer and the Network. Now, you must wait for the connection setup to complete properly as it will take some time.
- Subsequently, you will get a message screen confirming “Connected”. Hence, tap “Close”.
- At last, you will have to wait for another couple of minutes because the Canon Printer Setup will automatically set the IP address and other details on the Printer.
* Wired Setup
- In order to perform Canon Printer Setup, you should hook up the Printer with the Router. For this, plug in the Ethernet Cable to the LAN Port of Printer and Router respectively.
- Here, you must ensure that the cable is plugged in securely to the correct ports on both the Printer and Router. This completes the Canon Printer Setup.
Canon Printer Setup: Download And Install Drivers
* Download Drivers
- To begin with, open any of the available Web Browsers on your computer. For instance, your system may have Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla etc.
- After that, Canon Printer Setup requires you to access its official website. In other words, type in “canon.com/ijsetup” in the Address Bar of your Browser. Then, press the “Enter” key.
- On the Homepage of this website, look for the “Setup” button. You will find the same at the upper left-hand side of the webpage. Now, click on it and go to the Setup window.
- Now, you will notice a “Search Bar” on the following window. It seeks the Model Number of your Canon Printer. Hence, enter the same accurately. You can check it on your Printer’s front side. Besides that, your Printer Invoice also contains the Model Number.
- Thereafter, click “Go” to get the search results.
- Apart from that, you can also browse the given list of Canon Printer Model Numbers and select the one that you have.
- Consequently, you will get a secure link to download the Canon Printer Setup for the selected Model Number on the next window. Here, you must click on the “Download” button.
- As a result, it will begin the downloading process which will take time. Therefore, you must wait patiently for the completion of the process.
* Install Drivers
- First of all, locate the downloaded Driver Package for Canon Printer Setup on your system.
- Then, double-click on it to open the Installer.
- Now, click “Run” on the following Security Prompt.
- Next, it will take you to the “User Account Control” window. Here, you must click “Yes” to permit the Installation process.
- Consequently, it will open the Welcome window of the Canon Printer Setup Wizard. Now, click on the “Language” button. Then, select your preferred language.
- On the following window, click “Next”.
- The next window requires you to “Select Your Place Of Residence”. Therefore, choose an appropriate option from the list and click “Next”.
- Thereafter, you will get the “License Agreement” window. Now, carefully read the Agreement terms. Then, click “Yes” to accept them.
- Now, you will get the Firewall Settings window. Here, you must select “Deactivate the Block”. Then, click “Next”.
- After that, the “Connection Method” window will turn up. Here, you must select either the “Wireless” or the “Wired” option. For instance, if the Canon Printer Setup is done according to the Wireless method. Then, select “Wireless”. Alternatively, choose “Wired” for Ethernet-based connection setup. Thereafter, click “Next”.
- Subsequently, finish the Network Setup process. For this, carefully follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, it will display the list of available software for installation. As such, select them and click “Next”.
- As a result, it will begin the Driver Installation process which will take time. Hence, wait patiently.
- Finally, click on the “Exit” tab to complete the Installation. Another key point to remember is that this process may vary slightly for Mac users. As such, you may stick to the instructions provided by the Installation Wizard.