Canon Wireless Printer Setup
* Wireless Network Setup
First of all, complete the hardware setup of your printer. Remove the packaging of your printer properly, install the ink cartridges and load paper in it.
- To start the network setup, turn on your printer by pressing its power button. Make sure that the power lamp is properly lit.
- Now, press and hold the Wifi button located on the top of the printer until the alarm lamp flashes once and then release it.
- Make sure that the Wifi lamp starts to flash blue and the access point must have the physical WPS push button available.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router within two minutes.
- The printer will start searching for your wireless router. While searching, the blue wifi lamp will continue to flash and the power lamp will also start to flash.
- When the printer is successfully connected to the network, both the Wifi and power lamp will stop flashing but remains lit.
- Now, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times and then release it. By doing so, the information page will be printed.
This completes the Network Configuration process. Now, you can proceed to download and install the printer driver for Canon Wireless Printer Setup.
Download Canon Printer Driver
You need to follow the below- given steps to download the printer driver for Canon wireless printer setup:
- Initiate the process by opening a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Now, you must go to the Canon Printer setup website. For that, type usa.canon.com in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- A new window will be shown on your screen. Go to the top-right corner of the window and type your printer name accurately into the search field. Then, click on the Search icon and it will show you a list of products.
- You can select your printer model by scrolling down the list and then click on the “Drivers & Downloads” tab.
- Now, select the specific operating system on which you are installing the software. Then, select your preferred language.
- In the Drivers & Downloads section, click on the Drivers tab.
- Next, under the recommended drivers section, click on the “Select” tab.
- It will show you a highlighted Download button. Click on the button and it will start downloading the file.
- As the download process may take some time, so you need to wait until the software is completely downloaded.
- When the file gets downloaded, the file will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder.
Now, proceed for the installation process to complete the Canon Wireless Printer Setup.
Procedure to Install Canon Printer Driver
To download the printer driver on your system for Canon Wireless Printer setup, pursue the detailed procedure that is given below:
- First of all, search for the Canon wireless printer setup file in the Downloads folder. If you are a mac user, open Finder and then click on the Downloads folder which is located on the left side of the screen.
- Now, you will get the Security Warning pop-up box. To extract the files, click on the Run button given there.
- Next, you will see the User Account Control pop-up box on your screen. To move further with the installation process, it is mandatory to allow the program for making changes to your computer. Hence, click on the Yes button.
- Canon Installation welcome screen will appear on your screen. You should click on the language tab in order to select your preferred language. Once you have chosen the language, return back to the main screen by clicking on the Back button.
- In the next “Connection Method” window, you will be asked to connect your printer to the network. For that, select the Wireless LAN Setup option and click Next.
- It will take you to a new window. Select the checkbox of Access Point Connection, click Next.
- The software will now search for your printer. Once the searching process is done, it will show you a list of all the printers available on the network.
- Select your printer from the list for Canon wireless printer setup and then click on the Next button. If your printer is not found, select the checkbox of “Printer could not be found on the list” and then follow the on-screen instructions to find your printer.
- In the next window, select your Place of Residence by tick mark the given checkbox and then click Next.
- Next, you will get the Software Selection window. To install your preferred software, select the checkboxes given there and then click Next.
- Now Canon recommends you read all the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement Carefully. If you have read and accepted the agreement, click on the Yes button. Also, the software installation will be canceled if you have selected the No option.
- In the next window of Firewall Settings, select the “Deactivate the Block” checkbox to permit the installation of the software. Then, click on the Next button.
- Now the printer software begins to install. The installation process might take some time so you need to wait patiently. In case, you are installing on Mac, you will be asked to enter your Mac Username and Password for completing the Canon wireless printer setup. Hence, provide your details and click on the OK button.
- Next, it will show you the “Print Head Alignment” window. If you want to print a page, click on the Execute button given there. Then go through the instructions displayed on your screen for completing the printing process. You can also skip this step by clicking on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Setup Complete window will be shown on your screen. Click Next.
- In the next “User Registration” window, you can register your product to get updated on the latest product information. But if you do not want to register your product click on the Cancel button.
- Now the “Extended Survey Program” window appears. Read the survey program thoroughly. If you agree with the program and want to take part in it, click on the Agree button. Otherwise, select the Disagree option.
- Finally, it will show you the Installation Successful window. Click on the Exit button. This concludes the Canon Wireless Printer Setup procedure.