Http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490
http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 – Step 1
- To start with the process you need to unbox your printer and all of its components carefully.
- Now, plug in your printer device into a power socket.
- Next, you have to load the ink cartridge carefully in their apt places.
- Place the pages and adjust the page tray accordingly.
- Now, you have to save the initial settings of the printer. This means you have to set your preferences like language, date, location and time using the control panel.
http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 – Step 2
- This step involves the configuration part of the process of http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490. Here, you will connect your printer device to your router.
- For this, begin with switching on your printer device. To verify that your device is on, check the power lamp.
- Now, press the “Setup” button on your printer device.
- Use arrow keys in the “Setup Menu” to select “Wireless LAN Setup”.
- Thereafter you need to press the “OK” button.
- In the menu “Wireless LAN Setup” using arrow keys, select the “Other Setup”.
- Later, press the “OK” button to confirm.
- Navigate through the “Other Setup” menu, and select the “WPS (PIN Code)”. Again press “OK”.
- Using a computer device, follow the on-screen instructions, to set the PIN Code to the Wireless Router.
- Give your printer system a few seconds to connect to your router. As soon as it is done, the screen of your printer device will now show “Connected”. After that, you have to press the “OK” button.
- With this, the process of connecting to your printer device for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 is completed.
http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 – Step 3
- Now you have to download the appropriate device software for your printer.
- For this, start your computer device, through which you wish to manage your print command on your printer. It can be any of your computer devices, like a laptop or a PC.
- Here, launch a web browser. This has to be an updated version of any of the browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Internet Edge.
- In the address bar of the web browser, you have to type “usa.canon.com” and then press enter. Locate the address bar at the top of your browser window.
- You will now reach the home page of the official support site of Canon. Here look for the search bar in the top right corner of the page.
- After that, in this search bar type the model number of your printer ie MX 490. After that tap the search icon.
- You will now be directed to a list of various products from the PIXMA series having different model numbers. From here, locate the model number of your product i.e., MX 490 and then click on it.
- This will take you to the detailed product information window for the product model MX 490.
- Here scroll down a bit and you will see a series of tabs having various choices related to your product. Click on the “Drivers and Downloads” option.
- Eventually, you now see a new tabular presentation open, just below the series of tabs. Here you get detailed information about the software. This table also has space for you to enter your Operating System and language. However, the site will automatically detect the operating system of your device, but in case it doesn’t match you can enter it manually.
- In this table, you are provided with various driver software options available as per your device’s compatibility. Click “Select” on the “Recommended” one.
- You will now see a “Download” option in this table. Click on it.
- Just as you do so you will see that the driver software file starts to download on your device. Check the footer bar of your browser window to know the status of this download.
- At last, this completes the process of downloading driver software for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490.
http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 – Step 4
- In the end, you now have to install the driver software.
- Once the downloading of the driver software is complete, double click on it. You find this file in the “Downloads” folder of your computer device.
- Now you will see that the “User Control Wizard” will appear on your screen. Click the “Run” button here to allow the software to run on your screen.
- You may now get an instruction manual, that will guide you on ways to connect to your router. Since you have already connected to your router you need not start the whole process all over again.
- You now have the “Welcome Window” of the driver software. Click “Next”.
- The next window on your Device now prompts you to enter your geographical region. After selecting, click “Next”.
- Consequently, the next screen that appears asks you for your precise country. In this screen, you have to select the place of your residence by selecting the country you live in and then click on “Next”.
- The next screen appearing is the “Software Installation List”. Here, you need to select the software you wish to install. If you have any confusion about which software you want to install at this stage, install all available, you can always uninstall the one you don’t need. After selecting the software, click “Next”.
- Eventually, you are now taken to the “License Agreement Document”. Go through this document carefully, later, click “Yes”, if you agree with all the terms.
- Consequently, an “Allow Install Wizard Process” window appears on your screen. Again, click the “Next” button.
- The window that follows, indicates the model of your printer and the name (or SSID) of your wireless network. Here click “Complete”
- By this, your Setup process of http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 is complete for Windows users.
However, the Mac users have to move further with the http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490.
- You now see a new window on your screen. This window prompts you to add your printer to connect it to your Mac device. Click on the “Add Printer” to proceed further.
- As you proceed onto the next screen, you will see the available printer devices. From this list, you have to select the model number of your printer device. You will find this model number on the front panel of your printer device. Then, click the “Add” button.
- In order to complete the process, now click “Next”.
- With this, the http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 completes for Mac Users.