How to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error?
Canon Printer Not Responding Error is the most common issue that occurs when the printer stops working. In other words, your printer is unable to communicate with the computer. There can be several reasons why this error appears. It may be due to an overload of printing work on the printer or some technical issues. This leads to problems in performing basic printing functions.
Solutions to fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error
➣ Run the Printer Troubleshooting Wizard
- Firstly, access the launch box by pressing the Windows and R key altogether.
- Now, enter “control.exe/name Microsoft.Troubleshooting” in the corresponding search field. Hit the enter key.
- This will bring you to the Troubleshoot window. Here, you have to choose the “Printer” > “Run the Troubleshooter” option.
- Now, you have to wait until the troubleshooter finds the problems related to your printer driver. If there is any problem with the printer driver you might be prompted to follow the repair strategies. In that case, you have to tap on the “Apply this fix” option. Follow the on-screen prompts to fix the Canon Printer Setup issues.
- Reboot your system and verify whether the issue is fixed or not.
➣ Upgrade your Canon Printer Software
- Click on the Start button and then launch the Control Panel.
- Now, in the search control panel at the top right corner type “Device Manager” and press Enter.
- In the Device Manager window, locate the Printer or Print Queue option and then expand it.
- Thereafter, right-click on your printer file name and tap on “Update Printer Driver”.
- Click on the “Search automatically for updated printer driver” from the pop-up box that displays.
- Once, it completes searching for the recent updates, click on the “Update” option to upgrade your printer driver.
➣ DisablingThird-Party Firewall
- Access the Control Panel in your system.
- In the search control panel at the top right corner type “Windows Defender Firewall” and press the Enter key.
- Now, you have to tap the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender” option from the left panel.
- Next, you have to tap on the “Change Settings” and then “Allow another app” tab.
- In the subsequent window, you have to select the “Browse” button.
- Thereafter, choose the Canon Printer from the list of devices shown on the screen. Then, tap on “Ok”.
➣ Try by changing printer port to fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error
- Click on the Windows icon or press the Windows key from the keyboard and write”Control Panel” in the search box. Hit the Enter key.
- In the search control panel at the top right corner type “Device & Printers” and click search icon.
- Opt for the Canon Printer from the list of printers available on your system. Right-click on the icon of Canon Printer and choose “Printer Properties” option.
- Next, tap on the “Ports” tab on the header band.
- Tick mark the checkbox beside “WSD port” and then tap on the “Apply” button. Then, click on “Ok”.
- As a result, you will get a new port to the printer. After this, go to the “General” tab in the same window you selected “Ports” tab.
- At last, tap on ‘Print test page” in order to check if the printer is working properly or not. If your printer begins printing this means your issue is resolved.
➣ Other Troubleshooting steps to fix Canon Printer Nor Responding Error
- Restart Print Spooler Service.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Canon Printer driver.
- Fix your paper jamming issues.
- Check the network connections.
- Restart your printer and computer.
- Power Cycle your router.
- Fix your USB Connections.