Printer connecting error
Printer Connecting error is a common issue that will not permit you to print any document from your printer. This error generally arises in the wireless printers but a lot of Canon wired printer users also encounter this issue. It is important to know that with the existence of this error your computer will fail to detect the printer. If your computer failed to recognize your specific printer, the driver cannot command your printer. There are several reasons that can trigger this issue, for example, outdated or corrupted printer setup, improper network connection, the USB cable is not properly attached, etc. To resolve this Printer Connecting error, pursue the given steps.
Check the network connection of your wireless printer
First of all, you should check that your router/modem is working effectively and providing fast internet speed. Now, see the wireless network name to which your printer is linked. It is obligatory that your printer must be connected to the same SSID as your computer. Hence to check the network name go to Settings > Wireless Settings > Wireless LAN Setup Wizard. Now, it will promptly show you the network name. If the SSID is truly correct and your printer is receiving the best signals, pursue the next step.
On Windows run the printer troubleshooter
To run the printer troubleshooter for resolving the Printer Connecting error, follow the steps that are provided below:
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keypad.
- Immediately, you will discover a pop-up box on your screen. Here you need to input “control.exe/name Microsoft. Troubleshooting” and click OK.
- A new “Get up and running” window will be presented on your screen. Select the Printer option and click on the “Run the Troubleshooter” tab which is given directly below this option.
- Soon, it will start detecting the specific problems. If something is found, it will give you the “Apply this Fix” option. Click on it to begin the repair process.
- Once the repair is completed, you must restart your computer.
Update your printer driver to fix Printer Connecting Error
It is possible that there is some issue with the installed printer driver. It is crucial to know that if your printer driver is outdated, your printer will not connect to the computer. On Windows, go to Hardware and Sound after accessing the Control Panel. To take a step ahead, select the Device Manager Option, and then choose Printers. When you spot your particular printer from the specified list, right-click on it and click Update Driver.
Restart the Print Spooler Service
If the Printer Connecting Error message is not yet eliminated, you should restart the Print Spooler Service. For doing so, read the guidelines mentioned below:
- Hold and press the Windows + R key together and a pop-up box of Run will come into view.
- Now, type services.msc accurately into the field given beside the “Open” option.
- Click OK and then select the canon Print Spooler option from the list displayed. When you select it, you will see the Restart option.
- Finally, click Restart and attempt to print a paper.